Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Warm, windy day at National Butterfly Center, 12/13/12

A cold front is scheduled to roll in tomorrow morning so I figured warm southerly winds ahead of the front might bring some stuff in.  As expected it was a good day at the National Butterfly Center though all of the butterflies seen were also reported yesterday.  Best of the day was this Blomfild's Beauty.  It's been a few years since I've seen one.



This Guatemalan Cracker has been around for a few days.


It's been a while since I've seen a Marius Hairstreak. 


A few days ago eight Malachites were reported but I saw only one today.


This ratty Florida White is the first I've seen this fall.


Curve-winged Metalmarks are being seen daily at the NBC and there's plenty of Mexican Caesalpinia so maybe they will start breeding.


I guess this is an aberrant Fatal Metalmark.


After the front blows though there is supposted to be some sun so Maybe I can find something good in the yard.