Sunday, December 15, 2019

Red Rim at Progreso Lakes, 12/15/19

Today the wind was howling from the south ahead of an approaching cold front so I was hoping something good might blow into our Progreso Lakes yard.  The prize came in the form of a Red Rim missing one of it's hind wings.  Still 3/4 of a Red Rim is still good enough to count as butterfly #117 for our yard.  I'm glad I put the cantaloupe rinds out.



Earlier it was a male Florida White.  We had a female yesterday.



In fact we've had so many Florida Whites lately that this Great Southern White almost slipped by unnoticed.


More than usual Dorates Longtails passing through also.  This one is well marked.


I later saw this Gulf Fritillary ovipositing on my passion vine.


Yesterday we had another or the maybe same Boisduval's Yellow.


Another warm day for butterflies is forecast for tomorrow and then it cools off again.